We are very excited to be offering this amazing product at Lifetime Health & Wellness!! Please read for more information about Argentyn 23, the manufacturer we prefer for our Bio-Active Hydrosol Silver. Also, feel free to visit their website at https://www.argentyn23.com/ for more information.
Greater than 98% bio-active silver ions and nanoclusters. Exponentially more powerful than other brands, even those with 250, 500 and 1000 ppm.
Argentyn 23 is formulated to be safe for the whole family. Taken 3 times a day for 70 years, Argentyn 23 still falls below the EPA daily Oral Silver Reference Dose (RfD).†
Unprecedented particle size as small as 0.8 nm (nanometers), validated by Transmission Electron Microscopy, allows for easy absorption into and excretion from the body.
Argentyn 23® Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol™ has only two ingredients: 99.999% pure silver and water that meets USP-NF standards for pharmaceutical-grade purified water.
Throughout history, silver has been used to improve human health.
Silver vessels were used by ancient Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and Phoenician to preserve drinking water.1 The father of medicine, Hippocrates, first described silver’s antimicrobial benefits, writing about its healing and anti-disease properties.2 In the Middle Ages, the wealthy benefited from silver eating utensils, giving rise to the phrase “born with a silver spoon in your mouth.”
Silver’s antimicrobial and wound healing properties were applied to battlefield medicine in the 1800s. Fine silver wires used for sutures contributed to faster healing, and silver nitrate was used to treat wound and skin ulcers. Silver was also used to treat syphilis during the Civil War, and in the 1880s, silver nitrate began to be used to prevent infections in the eyes of newborns.3
The health benefits of silver have been widely studied for thousands of years, and the effectiveness of its contemporary use for immune support and topical healing applications has been significantly substantiated. While the Ancients did not know the chemical and biological mechanisms of how silver metal preserved their drinking water, the modern peer-reviewed literature has elucidated them. We now know, it is the outermost silver atoms of the silver nanoparticle that undergo surface oxidation and, when mixed into a pure water medium, subsequently release bio-active silver ions into the water, which provides the health benefits. 4-6
1. Johns C, I. The roman silver cups from hockwold, norfolk. Archaeologia, 2011. 108: p. 1-13.
2. Alexander JW, History of the medical use of silver. Surgical infections, 2009. 10(3): p. 289-292.
3. Manring MM, Hawk A, et al., Treatment of war wounds: A historical review. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2009. 467(8): p. 2168-2191.
4. Liu J, Pennell KG, et al., Kinetics and mechanisms of nanosilver oxysulfidation. Environmental Science & Technology, 2011. 45(17): p. 7345-7353.
5. Liu J, Wang Z, et al., Chemical transformations of nanosilver in biological environments. ACS Nano, 2012. 6(11): p. 9887-9899.
6. Gorham J, MacCuspie R, et al., Uv-induced photochemical transformations of citrate-capped silver nanoparticle suspensions. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2012. 14(10): p. 1-16.