Preventing Pain While Traveling in Broomfield, CO
Traveling can be a pain - It’s often a stress on your mind and hard on your body. Sitting down for long periods of time can reduce blood flow and circulation and build up pressure in the legs. Practicing warm-up and cool-down exercises can keep your body limber and decrease the stiffness and soreness associated with travel pain.
On an Airplane
When sitting for a while, contracting and relaxing the muscles promotes better circulation. Here is how to reduce the pressure build-up on your body.
- Change your position often to reduce cramping and tightness.
- Sit up straight while seated and use pillows to create an “S” curve in the spine.
- Don’t carry around heavy luggage (more than 5 to 10 percent of your body weight) or attempt to put heavy bags in the overhead compartment.
- Don’t strain the muscles by turning, twisting, lifting or jerking your bags into place. If you’re uncomfortable, try massaging the calves or propping up the legs.
In a Car
There are certain exercises you can do while driving, which helps with circulation and muscle relaxation.
- Try spreading your toes, rolling your shoulders and contracting and relaxing your calves, thighs, and glutes.
- Switching your position on the steering wheel can help with hand and arm tension.
- Looking at different focal points can reduce the rest of headaches and eye fatigue.
- When you get a chance, stretch out the hamstrings and calves with a walk.
- Position yourself as close to the steering wheel as possible, with your knees a bit higher than your hips.
- Use back support, which can help with lower back pain.
Contact Our Broomfield Chiropractor
At Lifetime Health and Wellness, in Broomfield, Colorado, we use holistic techniques to prevent and treat aches and pains. We offer an innovative procedure called Intramuscular Stimulation, or dry needling, which helps manage muscle tension, pain and stiffness via stimulating specific trigger points with thin, filiform needles. This acupuncture treatment can reach depths that a traditional massage cannot, producing amazing results.
If you’re looking for a chiropractor in Broomfield or Westminster, call our office at 303-423-4610.