Get Your FAQs About Knee Pain Answered With Our Team at Lifetime Health & Wellness
Our team at Lifetime Health and Wellness wants to gift our patients with healthy bodies and active lifestyles throughout their lifetime! Broomfield chiropractor duo Dr. Randy Snyder and Dr. Courtney Gilmer field a lot of questions about common health conditions, including knee pain, and are happy to educate our patients thoroughly and accurately.
Why Does My Knee Hurt?
Conditions that often lead to knee pain include:
- Osteoarthritis: joint inflammation and cartilage breakdown; even osteoarthritis in the hip can refer pain to the knee
- Lumbar radiculopathy: yes—nerve compression the lower back can refer pain to the knee!
- Ligament sprains, muscle strains, quadriceps or patellar tendonitis, bursitis, iliotibial band syndrome, and other connective tissue problems: twisting forces or other abnormal movements at the knee can damage ligaments and other connective tissue structures in the knee (tendons, muscles, bursae, menisci), causing swelling, tenderness, pain, instability, popping, and clicking
- Runner's knee: otherwise known as chondromalacia patellae, this causes anterior knee pain due to wearing down of the underside of your kneecap
- Dashboard knee: a type of auto accident injury caused by blunt force impact at the knee and leading to inflammation, swelling, and connective tissue damage
What Are Risk Factors for Knee Pain?
Knee pain is a common complaint among athletes no matter what their ability level, sport, or age—although it's more common in impact sports like running, football, basketball, soccer, and dancing. It can be brought on due to factors such as jumping, pivoting, overuse, improper foot/ankle/knee/hip alignment, strength and range of motion limitations (e.g., lateral hip weakness, tight hip flexors, or shortened hamstrings, which cause abnormal strain on the knees), and poor recovery. People who are obese or who have physically demanding jobs may also complain of knee pain.
How Can a Chiropractor in Broomfield and Westminster Alleviate My Knee Pain?
Visit a chiropractor in Broomfield and Westminster if you have knee pain. Our drug-free services can help you find long-lasting and efficient relief by offering services such as:
- Individualized exercise programs, to strengthen hip and knee muscles, improve flexibility, and reduce inflammation
- Trigger point dry needling and acupuncture, to alleviate tension and facilitate increased circulation in the injured area
- Chiropractic adjustments (good for whole body pain relief and, if knee pain is referred from the low back, relieving pressure on spinal nerves)
- Cold laser therapy, to accelerate tissue healing in the knee by stimulating cellular metabolism
Is Your Knee Hurting? Visit Our Broomfield Chiropractors Now
Contact 303.423.4610 to schedule an appointment with one of our Broomfield chiropractors so we can start helping you treat your knee pain.