HOW DOES TMJ MANIFEST?
- Pain in the face, jaw, or ear area
- Pain or pressure around the ears, face, and behind the eyes
- A clicking or popping sound when opening or closing the mouth
- Dislocation of jaw
- Locked, stiff, or stuck jaw
- Tenderness of jaw muscles
- Limited jaw movement
- Swelling of the face
- Dental occlusion (the way the upper or lower jaw/teeth fit together)
WHAT DOES TMJ PAIN MEAN?
Common causes of TMJ:
- Injury to the joint, jaw, or muscles along your neck and face
- Grinding or clenching your teeth which puts pressure on the joint
- Movement or dislocation of the soft cushion, or disc, between the joint parts
- Arthritis of the joint
- Stress, which can cause you to tighten facial or jaw muscles
- Tooth/jaw misalignment
Chiropractic treatment is a holistic treatment option for TMD, and we are proud to offer these services at our practice. Every case is unique, and a careful diagnosis and treatment plan will help to address your needs.
If you have any questions about TMD or your temporomandibular joint, please contact our office today so that we can help.
request an appointment